8/10/10

Hello, Mile 3

Well. That sucked.




I was concerned that my jog was only taking me about 2.25-2.5 miles.



I am impatient.



I am slightly OCD.



Of course, I think I know more than Todd, the creator of my running program.



Therefore, I decided to take things into my own hands.



Last night, I jogged my normal “walk 2, jog 2” interval until I completed 3 miles. I had to prove to myself that I could do it.



It took 44 minutes. Which means that, at this rate, at the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 5K that I plan on running, elderly, handicapped and infants will have completed the race and will mostly likely have showered and will be napping by the time I get to the finish line. People will be sweeping the streets and Christmas decorations will be going up on street lights.



So, I guess I need to work on my time a bit.



Today my legs are jello. And the ball of my left foot hurts. I’m exhausted. And starving. (The starving thing is really nothing new, though.)



Slow but steady, right?
.
.
.

No comments: