6/8/10

Running Update: Second Verse, Same as the First

So. Running. Not getting any easier. Or more enjoyable.


Don’t get me wrong-I LOVE the idea of running. But the actual act is a different story.

I am on Week Four of the program and, after a 5 minute brisk-walk warm up, I’m supposed to jog for 4 minutes and then briskly walk for 1 minute and repeat that whole shebang 5 times before a 5 minute cool down.

I’ve attempted and failed twice to get through this workout without having to stop for a break or slow down to a walk during one of the jogs.

It’s so hard.

I’m going to try again tonight. The weather is cooler than it has been, and I’m determined to do it, so maybe tonight will be the night.



In other news, friends that I don’t see very often have asked how much weight I’ve lost since I began running. Well, that’s easy! The answer is NONE!

What?

I know. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong either. (Wine.)

Full disclosure: my scale’s battery died a few weeks ago. But, my clothing is fitting the exact same (if not tighter. I know—how cute!) as it always has. So, I’m pretty sure I haven’t lost any weight. (Wine.)

I wish I could figure out how to do this running program and drop a few. It would be like a little bonus! (Wine.)



In other, more inspirational news, my friend Catherine ran a half marathon a couple of weeks ago. A HALF MARATHON. 13.1 miles. I doubt I could walk that distance, let alone run it, so, kudos to Catherine.

She actually lived to tell about it too. In case that wasn’t obvious.



So, to recap:

1) Have not found the Absence of Suck

2) Have not lost any weight

3) Have a friend that can run long distances


  What do you say we look at something cute?


.
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lay perfectly still I'm going to drive me into you until the chair breaks then we're down in the grassgetting messy aand unprotected