3/25/11

Cruise in Review

We went on a cruise for nine days. 


 
You haven't lived until you've spent nine days with your husband and three year old in a teeny tiny room on a cruise ship.



Although we ultimately realized that we aren't disciplined enough to keep up with the schedule that cruises present, and Leah used our nine days together to find my last nerve and ride it precipitously the entire time, we had a very nice time.



We visited Puerto Rico.



And St. Thomas.




And Haiti.




And The Dominican Republic.  But I didn't bring my camera on that day.
It's hard enough to remember to bring my shoes; the camera was on the back burner.

We practiced being civilized, by getting dressed up for dinner and not screaming like a banshee when you're told that you can't have any more juice.



And also practiced bringing the TV to dinner, when we realized that three year olds are not civilized.



Meet BoBo, the newest member of our family.


(And for thirty bucks, you too can make a "Pets At Sea" animal and dress it in the polyester outfit of your choice!  Crock.)


And, of course, Leah made a friend.  Her boyfriend, as she refers to him.


(I didn't ask his mom if I could plaster his face on the Internet, as I tend to not mention my dead mother's blog when I meet people and not want them to think I'm a lunatic.  People eventually figure it out on their own--the lunacy, that is.)

All in all, it was so nice to get away with Greg and Leah.  It was such a crazy time in my life: I had left my old job on bad terms, and was so nervous that my new job would turn out to be a mistake.  I knew it was going to take a lot for me to clear my head and have a good time. 

And I did just that.


Until I saw the beverage bill at the end of the week.






.

No comments: