10/13/10

A Typical Saturday

For us, a typical Saturday could start with some dance lessons...


However, a typical Saturday from now on will most definitely NOT include dance lessons, as I have finally come to terms with the fact that Leah is not ready to attend dance class without Mommy in the room, which, at the dance school, is not really permitted.  Explain to me how she's all this club can't even handle me with the dance moves and the boogying and the singing, but ONLY  if I'm standing in the room and ONLY while she's standing next to me?  I mean, I am just going to wait in the lobby with the rest of the Moms and I will see you in 45 minutes!  But no.  One teensy move by me towards the door and she is screaming, crying, throwing herself on the floor. Honestly, though, it's not worth it.  Neither one of us is enjoying ourselves.  So, we are say la vieing Perfect Pointe. This of course hurts in a big way, because dance was such a huge part of my childhood, but there is no rule that says that dance lessons can't happen at home in the living room while wearing pajamas.  With coffee.  

The coffee's for me.   You knew that, right? 

Afterwards, we might venture on over to New Hyde Park, to visit our friend Lan at LIJ Hospital who just had a baby boy!  He is so stinkin' cute.  We cannot wait to go back and visit him again.  We love him!


And after that, it might be back to Sparta to attend a birthday party for our friend Andy who turned 7.  Let me ask you something: if the party goes from 4-7 p.m. and you arrive at 8 p.m, is that bad?  No, right?

Thank the lord there were cheese balls!


And then it could be time to get ready for bed.  We promote healthy dental hygiene in our house.



And, if all of those things happened, a typical Saturday night might end in front of the fire under a snuggy.  Hopefully with some vino.

Ok, a lot of vino.



.
.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"say la vieing" HELLO. French-major cousin. Nails on a chalkboard, D, nails on a chalkboard.

:)

S

Deenuts Dana said...

Hahahahaha. Stace--I apologize, but you know, author's license, or whatever they call it.

jackie said...

lol. it's actually called artistic license: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artistic_license


c'est la vie BABY!!!!!

yes -- i've had a bit too much wine tonite!!!